Phone Age Technologies at (011) 869-3925/6/7 for expertise on all your profibus communication cards
More about profibus communication cards
The profibus communication card, otherwise known as the profibus electrical connector is somewhat different to the profinet standard for industrial Ethernet.
Profibus communication cards have been designed to perform reliable and competitive solutions for industrial OEM and end users within the communications industries throughout South Africa. Design includes the use in real-time control as well as data acquisition applications which support standard PCI, PCI/104 and PC express Bus types.
Features of profibus communication cards:
- Single and dual channelled cards which offer improved system flexibility.
- As it consists of only one configuration and one diagnostic tool, it greatly contributes to saving time.
- The on board co-processor results in quick data acquisition and the prevention of data bottlenecks, thereby resulting in quick delivery of vital information.
- The single development library and OPC server lessens the integration time for all its products.
The profibus communications card can be used within the following applications:
- Within the automotive as well as the industrial automotive fields it is used for diagnostic purposes, HMI/SCADA systems, PC control systems and robot or general machine control.
- Within the telecommunications field it used for all ROADM systems.
Within the range of profibus communications cards, there are various types, of which two of them are:
The profibus DP communication card
Otherwise known as the decentralized peripherals profibus communications card, it works by managing various sensors and actuators from a middle point which is the controller. This is used throughout factory automation where standard diagnostic options are the main focus.
The profibus PA communications card.
Otherwise known as the process automation profibus communication card, it works by monitoring the measuring equipment through a process control system during all process automation applications.
Its design started when a need arose for use within explosive and dangerous areas. It works in the way that it allows for power to be sent over the bus to field instruments, while at the same time limiting the flow of current to keep the above areas under control from explosion and danger.
Age Technologies is aware of these important factors of profibus communication cards and focus on supplying only the most reputable brands as internationally known throughout the industry. Click here
to make an online enquiry, or phone us today on (011) 869-3925/6/7 for the most professional assistance regarding all your profibus communication cards